Why is it different?
CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in middle school and high school.
About the exam
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end users and/or are considering a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.
CompTIA offers a wealth of certification training that is designed for exam success. Find out more and explore all training options.
eLearning with CompTIA CertMaster Learn for IT Fundamentals
Train anywhere, anytime. Master all exam objectives through learning content that is enhanced with videos, flash cards and performance-based questions. Confirm your learning progress with an included practice test.
Interactive Labs with CompTIA Labs for IT Fundamentals
Supercharge your certification training with hands-on, browser-based virtual lab environments. Jump into the role of an administrator, complete basic to advanced tasks and quickly understand the impact of the system changes you make.
Exam Prep with CompTIA CertMaster Practice for IT Fundamentals
Go into your IT Fundamentals certification exam with confidence. Adaptive exam preparation in this intelligent online training companion will reinforce what you already know and fill the gaps in areas you need to improve.
Study Guides for IT Fundamentals
Developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate, Study Guides are available in print or eBook format and packed with informative and engaging content tied to exam objectives.
Whether you’re looking for in-classroom or live online training, CompTIA offers best-in-class instructor-led training for both individuals and teams. You can also find training among CompTIA’s vast network of Authorized Training Partners.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification is considered good for life and does not need to be renewed.
For certifications that are part of the CompTIA Continuing Education program and that can be renewed, please go to our Continuing Education page.